Tuesday, November 15, 2005

TBUB Turkey Day Extravaganza

Most of you probably didn't notice that I was absent from our Halloween weekend end of the month appearance at The Greenville. I don't usually blow off gigs when I'm sick, but (a) I had bronchitis and the smoke that permeates The Greenville was not something I wanted to endure; and (b) we had Jefferson Rice booked on sax for the night. Jeff also happens to be an excellent keyboard player, so I knew I wouldn't be missed. Thanks to Jeff for bailing me out and allowing me to breath easier - literally!

Well its almost Thanksgiving, my favorite time of the year. The Reverend's house is finally close to being rebuilt after the turkey deep fryer incident last year.

This year is especially exciting as The BackUp Band has two entries in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Pictured to the left is our float, the TBUB Deathmobile. Watch for it as we head down Broadway, right behind the Bullwinkle Balloon.

Next, as featured below, we have the "Reverend Lawrence J." balloon, with Larry flying high, right next to his special friend, Kermit The Frog.
(TM) Jim Henson Productions
The Reverend Lawrence J. balloon will be immediately followed by the Kenston High School Marching Bombers (pictured below).

But don't let the excitement end on Thanksgiving... Catch us live on Friday November 25th at The Greenville Inn for a post Macy's Parade celebration. Just look for the Reverend and Kermit floating high above the parking lot.

Later!
Keith
Lowly keyboardist, keeper of the blog and Assistant to the Assistant Marketing Director; Home Office, Back Up Band CentralĀ© 2005 The Back Up Band of Cleveland, Ohio L.L.C.
PS: To my knowledge, The Kenston High School Marching Band is not appearing in the Macy's Parade this year. Sorry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home